– Cork Dental SmilesDental Veneers – otherwise known as porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-coloured materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. These shells are permanently bonded to the front of the tooth, resulting in a drastic improvement in the appearance of the tooth or teeth.
When do you need Veneers?
Veneers are a cosmetic treatment used to improve the appearance of teeth. They can be made of composite or porcelain. Composite veneers are made directly in the mouth. Porcelain veneers typically involve the removal of a minimal layer of tooth structure. The laboratory then fabricates a thin porcelain layer which is subsequently bonded to the front visible surface of the tooth. They improve the appearance of teeth by improving their colour, shape, and/or size.
- A veneer can make a chipped tooth look whole again.
- Veneers may be used to close small gaps between teeth.
- If a single tooth is slightly out of position, a veneer may sometimes be fitted to bring it into line with the others.
- Spacing between teeth
- Irregular shaped/chipped teeth
- Discoloured teeth
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers Can Transform your smile
Porcelain Veneers look more lifelike than similar enhancements. Cosmetic dental bonding can correct similar flaws, but the material is opaque, meaning it does not reflect light the way porcelain does.
Whilst porcelain Veneers may typically cost more than bonding or teeth whitening, they will usually have a much smaller price tag than dental crown or implants.
"- Jean O Sullivan , Patient
A special word of thanks to you for your all help, advice & expertise. You patiently answered my countless questions & explained the whole process in a way that put me at ease & ensured I knew exactly what to expect with the treatment, which was fantastic."
"- Joanne O'Callaghan , Patient
Maria, I just want to say thanks very much for giving me such straight white teeth. I am delighted with how they turned out and can’t believe it only took 6 months, the time flew.I will definitely be recommending you to my friends. Thanks!"
"- Sophia Breitkopf , Patient
In the 6 months it took to complete my treatment, I was amazed at the final result and how quickly they moved into position. I am very pleased with my results. It’s been practically pain free and unnoticeable."