– Cork Dental SmilesWhilst we will try every other method available to us, sometimes there is no other option but to remove a tooth, and we try to make that process as pain free as possible for you.
When is Tooth Extraction right for me?
If a tooth cannot be saved by a filling, root canal treatment or crown, for example, it may need to be removed. At Cork Dental Smiles, we aim to make extractions as quick and pain free as possible.
- Tooth damaged beyond repair
- Tooth not well positioned (i.e. erupting at the wrong angle)
- Impacted wisdom teeth (trapped in the jawbone)
- Insufficient room for all teeth in the mouth
- Orthodontic treatment may require extra room
- Infection destroying the tooth or bone
- Gum disease causing the tooth to get loose due to loss of bone support
Benefits of Tooth Extraction
The good news is that the extraction of your tooth is usually a quick process.
Usually teeth are only removed to remove infections, badly damaged teeth, pain, or to make way for orthodontic treatment.
"- Jean O Sullivan , Patient
A special word of thanks to you for your all help, advice & expertise. You patiently answered my countless questions & explained the whole process in a way that put me at ease & ensured I knew exactly what to expect with the treatment, which was fantastic."
"- Joanne O'Callaghan , Patient
Maria, I just want to say thanks very much for giving me such straight white teeth. I am delighted with how they turned out and can’t believe it only took 6 months, the time flew.I will definitely be recommending you to my friends. Thanks!"
"- Sophia Breitkopf , Patient
In the 6 months it took to complete my treatment, I was amazed at the final result and how quickly they moved into position. I am very pleased with my results. It’s been practically pain free and unnoticeable."